Monday, August 12, 2013

Sew~ So Simple......{TJK}

Good Morning and Happy Monday everyone!!!
It is time for a new challenge over at
And this week the challenge is
Sew~So Simple

I am a big fan of using sketches so my card for this week is based on 
here is my card...hope you like it!
It is almost time for the kids to head back to school..... mixed feeling about that for sure
For this week's Sew~So Simple Challenge, I did one of my favorite things~ add lots of machine stitching to my Back to School card. I started out my card with Light Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock and added several layers of pattern paper from My Minds Eye~Playdate paper pack. Then using my sewing machine I added a few different machine stitches to several of my layers. Since I was following a sketch for my card, the perfect added embellishment all came from The Kraft Outlet. I added some Cream Twill Tape, which I also ran a line of machine stitching through. Then I  took one of the Chipboard Buttons, covered it with some matching pattern paper and then using my One Eighth Inch Hole Punch, re punched the holes to add some Brown and Blue Bakers Twine
Finally I die cut some numbers from My Creative Time~Stitched 4x6 Journal Die in coordinating colors and added them to my "paper". To finish off my card I stamped my "Back to School" sentiment using My Creative Time~My Teacher Rocks! stamp set.

So there you have it....my inspiration for this week's challenge.
I hope you have enjoyed my card and will play along with us!
As always I have linked all the supplies I used from The Kraft Outlet throughout my description.  If you have not checked out the store yet....make sure you do! There is so much available, the prices are so reasonable and shipping is super fast!!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT Monday!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Entering this into the following challenges:
Just Be Creative Crazy~Just Because Linky Party
DL Art~ Linky Party
Word Art Wednesday~ Anything Goes
Sunday Funday~ Linky Party
Craftin Desert Divas~ Linky Party..Back to School

25 comments:

  1. perfect back to school card! awesome amount of layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is so perfect! Love all the layers, the different papers, stitching. Darn it, love it all :-) Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jessica! Love the paper mix. Really cute and excellent take on the sketch.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your BTS card is darling! I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew cute! Lovely card and the sketch you picked out really shows off the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The papers are beautiful and wow, your sewing is just amazing!! It adds so much to the card!! Love this my friend!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a patchwork quilt which every teen would like going back to school. That's when they Love to sleep in. The layout and array of paper is sweet, the colors so cheery.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful paper craft project with us today at WAW. We love seeing your art.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those colors and patterns... sooo fun!!
    Your stitching is beyond amazing, I would LOVE to be able to do that!! You are always so inspiring Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so Wonderful. Great colors and design, love those bright papers
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Party. Have a great weekend my friend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this sweet card! Great papers and fun layers - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGOSH the papers are amazing together!!! You can see a lot of work went into this card, love all the stitching..you are so creative!!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just darling!!! Lovin' all the layers and cute papers you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this card when I saw it on TKJ blog, and I'm so blessed that you've shared it in our challenge cuz it's always nice to pop in for another look. Seeing up close is really awesome. When a card is well-made, I always enjoy clicking on the picture to make it larger so I can really see it. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this in our challenge, and please know how grateful I am to have you share! Have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jessica..what a fun card! THe papers are so fun and the stitching just pops! Love!
    Your take on the sketch is amazing! Love the twill tape to..I need to dig mine out and use it! Great job on this!
    Have a super day my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable, love the colors and all the patterns. Perfect for school, bet you're dreading the start of that for your boys. Sorry I haven't been around for awhile, but I took a look back. Fabulous stuff, as usual Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome CArd and of course the stitching just add's to this perfection my friend. Happy Hump Day. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE IT!!! I just love all your cards! Great choice of paper and I love these sketches - I think I first saw you use them and now I'm hooked:) Inspired by you yet again!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work, Jessica!! I swear that once I get my creative space back (it has been occupied all summer) that I am going to master that sewing machine! You've got me hooked! Thanks for sharing this darling card!
    ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how you covered the button with your own paper! I love everything about this card! You rocked the sketch! What a FAB back to school card!

    ReplyDelete