Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Father's Day Card

Hi bloggers!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. We are but it has been super busy!
Yesterday my baby turned 8 and I had a surprise party for him :)
I invited 5 of his BFF's over for some hang-out time and let me tell you not only was my son surprised, but the boys had a blast!
No one knew about the party until yesterday afternoon when all the kids came home. I wanted no slip ups by any of the boys so not only were they excited to come and surprise Parker, the night was perfect for a bonfire and lots of smores!
My son got all new baseball gear and I had everyone bring their mitts so there was alot of baseball and bear hunting....yes it was lots of fun I guess running through our woods hunting for bears. The imagination of boys!!

Today we played 2 ball games. My son's team is pretty good but the beginning of the season got off to a rocky start. We were rained out a bunch of times so we started out not playing too well. Today they won both of their games and like I posted the other day regarding my son's triple play, another team member hit a grand slam. Crazy exciting!!

Anyways my card today is a quick father's day card made for a friend's husband. He is a HUGE train buff so I knew this would be perfect.
The card is A2 sized and I used paper from Joannes
The train is from the My World Cartridge.
I wanted to keep this simple so I only used the shadow and 1st layer and inked the lines instead of layering.
The inside says "Happy Father's Day"
I like how the train fits right under the saying on the paper. Guess it couldn't have worked out better :)

Well that is all I have for tonight. Off to bed and then back to the field tomorrow for another game.
See you all tomorrow

10 comments:

  1. I love your train card. I really like this cut. TFS! Sounds like your had a GREAT party for your son, Parker. I am sure they had a blast! Thanks for sharing and good luck at the tourney tomorrow:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    This is such a nice Fathers Day card. I love the train. I have never seen that cut before. It is great. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Fathers Day.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great surprise party. Your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your post made me want smores....BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a cool card...love the colours! I bet you Son loved being surprised! :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this train! great Fathers day card!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica,
    Great card, I love that train!
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Father's Day card. I have the hardest time making masculine cards. Your came out great. I LOVE your son's name it has always been one of my favs. Sounds like they had the best time ever at the party. Happy B-day Parker!

    ReplyDelete